Re: Help: TR3A control head removal

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help: TR3A control head removal
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:54:18 -0400
andy wrote:

> I have the split steering shaft and I'm trying to remove the control head to
> replace the bush at the top of the steering column.  I've removed the three
> grub screws. Can't find the horn and flasher wires - flashers work (could I
> have the rare wireless flashers?), can't really figure out how it works- I
> can see the shaft turn in a space between the column and wheel and the
> control head appears to be attached to nothing, yet it stays stationary.
> Confused in Northern VA.
> Andy D.

Andy,

To get the control head off, you must undo the compression fitting nut on the
front
side of the steering box.  The wires run from this fitting up to the harness
and can
be disconnected at the bullet connectors.  Slide the whole tube up and out.  Be
careful, it is quite long and fairly fragile.  Use a piece of coathanger-type
wire to
guide the electrical wires back down through the steering box on re-assembly.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars