Re: Brian Qualifies as DCO

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brian Qualifies as DCO
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:46:24 -0400
Andrew Mace wrote:

> p.s. I'm assuming this was the '61 TR4, with the older TR3-style
> handbrake lever? MUCH better than the later ones, IMHO!

 Actually, the '61 and the '64 have the same lever.  The change to the less
effective
lever took place on the '4A.  I've stopped cars with no brakes using both
styles and
the effectiveness of early lever is something that has always endeared me to
the '4.
On Saturday, I was driving the '64 - the '61 is about a zillion years from being
roadworthy, but it is wonderfully intact and original, down to three remaining
original spark plug wires and lodge plugs.  Someday I'll get around to working
on it,
but first I have to repaint the '64 as I don't really want to have two red
ones, and
it would be a shame to make the '61 anything but original.  Maybe I'll do the
'64 in
BRG - now who has a good formula for that color???.....   ;-)

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars