Email woes or best known as GASOUT-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-R

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Email woes or best known as GASOUT-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Reply-Rep.........and on and on
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 10:56:54 -0500
Cc: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Listers,

Just to let you know what can happen when someone has good intentions
that go astray.

A friend of mine received an email titled GASOUT, its the same one that we
saw on the list where we are all supposed to not buy gas on April 30th or
something like that.  Anyway, my well meaning friend decided to forward
that email to a friend and made the mistake of leaving all of the previous
forwarding addresses intact.  Something like 40 of them I believe.  So she
forwarded the email to her friend who just happened to be away for 3 days.
While this friend was away she had the Auto Responder for her email
turned on.  Well what happened next is the first email that my friend sent
got forwarded to all 40 people on the first emails address list.  Now whats
happening is everyone that got that email is responding back and still
leaving the forwarding list intact and since its on auto respond it forwards
that message to all 40 people again.  Each time that happens the "-Reply"
phrase gets added to the subject line.  So far from friday night through now
I've received well over 250 of these GASOUT replies from this auto
responder.  And while typing this email I've just received 3 more!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if you want to forward a message to
someone then please take the time to clean up the message before
forwarding it on.  Email can be a wonderful thing until you start getting
bombarded with senseless email!!

Sorry just had to vent steam this morning!!

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Triumph Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 4/9/99)
My Dodge Web Site Http://www.141.com/dodge (updated 4/7/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108