leg room

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: leg room
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:00:35 EDT
> The steering column seems to come out of the dash alright - at least
> there is no obvious gap between the column and the dash.  The driver's
> seat might be a touch thick, but that still does not cause the very
> little space between the wheel rim and the tran.
> Has anyone else had this problem?
I am almost 6'2 and am a bit snug in my car too ...I did hear that the TR4As
had even less leg room than the TR4s because of their thicker seats. I tossed
out my old tattered seats in '75 and couldn't find anything decent at the
wreck yard except some very nice 'same year' Alpha Romeo Spider seats that
have worked real well over the years and have very similar uphostery pattern
but better materials and construction. I bolted them in as far back and as
low as possible and they work well - just a little bit wider than stock.
I do wish i could just stretch the car proportions a tiny bit with my
computer PhotoShop software!
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74