Re: TR4A Leg Room

To: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A Leg Room
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:26:04 +1000
At 7:42 AM +1000 9/4/99, Jerry Oliver wrote:
>I'm in the middle if finishing the restorations of my 66 TR4A, and this
>morning I installed the new  reproduction seat guides on the new carpet.
>One major difference is that the reproduction latch handle has three
>prongs to go into the square notches in the guide. This design, prevents
>the use of the most rearward notch. The original had only one prong and
>would notch in the last square.

The late TR6 had seat rails with three prongs.  It was probably to improve
its strength.  Perhaps the early single prong units had failed in service
or perhaps TR6 occupants weigh more.  Yes, it limits the usable notches in
the rail, but that could have been overcome by having more notches to
ensure that the overall range of seat movement was not reduced.  You might
want to check whether the newer design has more notches.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U