Wife,SAAB and TR have a coming together!!!

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wife,SAAB and TR have a coming together!!!
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 99 11:25:57 +0100

Hi All

Arrived home last night after a great top down drive from work along the
empty  Tay valley roads.As I was a little late I left the car out and
went in for my meal.During dinner my wife and kids announced that the
were taking the cat to the vets,and left me to clear up the kitchen.Two
minutes after they left my wife was back to tell me she had just reversed
her SAAB into my poor little TR!.I stayed calm and suggested she and the
kids continued their trip to the vets,and after they had left I went down
to assess the damage.She had managed to push in the whole front wing from
the tyre to the door and from the sill to the top ridge.The good points
are that she missed the door,only by inches,and has only broken the paint
in one small area.The SAAB need less to say is unmarked.

I hope the dent will push out,put as it is so large an area I think I
will have to remove the wing to accomplish this.Has anyone any
suggestions?

One interesting observation regarding this incident,I remained calm and
treated the whole thing in a very matter of fact manner,which seemed to
make it even more difficult for my wife.I think she would have been
happier if I'd gone mad.The kids reaction was amazing,they are 10 and 12
and both went white and serious,waiting to see my reaction .I must give
the impression that this car is important to me,where as as we all know
it's only a car,right!!

The lesson from this is obvious,watch where you leave your car,even at
home,and also remember that a TR with the hood down cannot be seen
through the rear view mirror of large family cars,however you should be
able to see a bright RED TR as you walk past it to get to your SAAB!!

PS, This isn't the first time,2 years ago the post man reversed his
Landrover into another car of mine,saying after " its not normally there
when I call" can't a man have a day off now and again.

Cameron