Re: Fw: Trailing arm Question

To: Patrick Bitton <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Trailing arm Question
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 20:39:29 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Patrick:

Just did this with a total front and rear suspension rebuild.

The shims on the trailing arm brackets are used to adjust the
toe-in.  Therefore, you need to measure the toe-in when done
with the rebuild without any shims and then add shims as needed
(i.e. outside bracket to increase toe-in and inside bracket to
decrease toe-in).

I had this done by a local garage when I was all done with the
project. I had them check for toe-in, balance and align the wheels,
and give the suspension a good look over just to be safe.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6