Re: TR6 Leaking valve cover gasket

To: Jack Clark <drjclark@mindspring.com>, stu bollen <stu.jo@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Leaking valve cover gasket
From: "Shawn Loseke" <SLoseke@vines.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 99 13:02:49 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 Unless he has an external oil feed. Then they get plenty of oil upstairs.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6 (with external oil feed)
-------------
Original Text
From: "stu bollen" <stu.jo@ibm.net>, on 4/7/1999 3:25 PM:
Jack Clark wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
> I have had trouble with oil leaking from the rear of the valve cover
gasket
> on my '74 TR6. I have used a gasket sealer from 3M, but to no avail.
>
> What is the best way to get the cork gaskets to seal?
>
> Always appreciative,
> Jack

Jack, before you change gaskets, are you sure that you are not building
up crankcase pressure? You don't have any breather pipes blocked off
etc?
I never had a leakage problem with cork in 8 years of owning a '74, and
TR6's don't get that much oil upstairs to start with.
Stu Bollen
7