RE: TR6 Leaking valve cover gasket

To: "Jack Clark" <drjclark@mindspring.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Leaking valve cover gasket
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:26:43 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Jack,
        You may want to consider not using a cork gasket at all.  I have found
they
really don't last.  Try purchasing some high temperature silicone "form a
gasket type" material.  Clean the valve cover and head thoroughly with
lacquer thinner.  Apply the sealant following the instructions, tighten it
down, but not too tight as the sealer will squirt out the sides.  Leak gone!
Good Luck
Kelly Alford
71 TR6
Shoreline, WA.