Re: speedo bouncing

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: speedo bouncing
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:27:23 -0400
Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> On 7 Apr 1999, Alan Myers wrote:
>
> > With
> > that accomplished, it's pretty easy to "inject" your choice of lubricant
> > until it drips out the other end
>
> The problem with speedo-cable is that they are very easy to
> over-lubricate.
>
> Take out the rotating cable, check for kinks, rinse, and then lubricate with
> a thin layer of thin grease and wipe of any excess.
>
> > CarlSereda@aol.com wrote:
> > >  May want to dunk
> > > entire cable in oil
>
> Definitely not, that is a sure recipe for a bouncing needle. Do not use
> engine oil.
>
> Egil
> --
> Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
> Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway
> Home:  http://www.kvaleberg.no/

Uh-oh, here we go again!  Maybe we should just lube the speedo cables with
whatever
lube we put in overdrive gearboxes! ;-)

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars