Diff repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Diff repair
From: Chad Stretz <ccfarm@tranquility.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 06:34:57 -0500
Hello folks,
I found a local mechanic that is willing to rebuild my TR6 differential.
(Late model, I believe with the collapsible spacer)  I plan to bring it
to him out of the car with a box of parts and let him go at it.  Rather
than order every part listed in the catalog, are there specific things
he will need?  The diff in question whines, clunks, and leaks.  Bearings
and seals are definitely needed, but what else?  Should I order every
shim I can get my hands on?  What about the sun and planet gears?  I
would appreciate any info anyone might have.
Thanks in advance,

Chad Stretz
73 TR6