Re: The Subject of Non-Use

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Subject of Non-Use
From: "Michael Thompson" <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 15:34:56 -0400
Hi Philip,
The things that generally go bad on cars that just sit are rubber parts.
These include: seals, hoses, tires, fuel pump and most often brakes. Almost
every car I have gotten, that has sat for an extended period, has needed the
brakes gone through. The carbs also get a little gunked up as the gas ages.
This owner may have ran the car enough to get by most of this. I would
though expect a bumpy ride from the flat places in the tires sitting in one
position. I wouldn't worry about the engine. If it turns and fires and
doesn't smoke after a few minutes, it should be fine. The only seal that is
rubber is the front seal. The rear seal will probably leak but that's
normal. Good Luck.
Cheers,
Mike Thompson
PS Is this car near Cinncinati , Lebonon?