Re: TR6 component numbers...

To: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 component numbers...
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 17:31:16 -0700
Pete,
Am not sure if you got any response to your question yet, but here goes.
One of the tags on the firewall is the "body trim" number.  It apparently
is in numerical series roughly equivalent to the commission number, but
with the letters as a suffix rather than prefix.  These body trim numbers
are different again, of course, from the trim code numbers on the comm
plate.  Don't know about why you've 2 tags on the firewall, though.

About your various numbers, the comm #, at least, is for a late '73 model
(end of series was CF11572U).  I can't say much about the engine (CF
prefixes began with the '73s), but I thought the gearbox prefix was CD
pre-72, and CC's starting with the '72 model year.  YMMV.  My '70 gearbox
has a CD #, so who knows?
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L