re: Roadster Factory gouging

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Roadster Factory gouging
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 11:11:42 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
I'm on the digest, so forgive me if this has already been beat into the
ground. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most of the major LBC
parts suppliers have a minimum shipping amount such as the case described
below for the Roadster Factory? Isn't that fairly common? In my other hobby,
the major mail order suppliers won't even accept an order under $15 so they
don't have to mess with $1 orders. Heck, it probably costs them five dollars
at least in time spent just to take, pick, and pack your order. I'm not
defending any particular vendor, just an observation. Solution: buy more
than a couple of dollars worth of stuff at a time. Works for me anyway.
Gives me a chance to stock up on regular maintenance items that I know I'll
use anyway.
Regards, Greg Hutmacher
////