Cast Steering Bits Finish

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cast Steering Bits Finish
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 07:04:33 -0800 (PST)
Cleaning the steering box and coupling with a brass wire wheel in my
electric drill produced an incredible result... The darn things shine
almost as if they were chrome!

Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly what that metal is  and what the
chances are that they'll stay shiny?

My car is far more for go than show, but those shiny bits sure look good
and I'd love to keep 'em that way if it's not too difficult.

Thanks in advance for the input!

John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ KC81718 (almost on the road again after a "long cold lonely
winter"!)