Re: busted bonnets

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Subject: Re: busted bonnets
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 23:32:37 -0700
Cc: rtriplett@bjservices.com, triumphs@autox.team.net

Day.John@fin.gc.ca wrote:

> [...]

Long, long ago, in a galaxy far away, I was married, and my then-wife
once took the TR4 to work. On the way home, waiting for the light to
change in traffic, a fuel oil delivery truck decided to back up... "I
honked the horn, but there was nothing but a couple of pitiful little
squeaks." Seems there was a platform on the back of the truck, where the
hose was stored and the pump gauge panel was located, and the platform
was just high enough so that it did not push in the sheet metal, but
rather, rode up on it. From her description, it simply pushed down the
front end on the springs, and in the process, as I later found, mashed
the front finisher strips flat. Fortunately, it did stop well before the
end of platform reached the windshield, but I did fix the horn, even
though I knew it would not be of much use. What good's a horn in that
situation when the driver ahead doesn't see anything behind? (!)

Cheers.