Re: TR3A fuel tank filler

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A fuel tank filler
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:12:51 +0100
Jim,

It took me 8 hours to figure out how to put the tank back in order again.
As Russell states the first thing to do is to get the tank hole in line
with the hole in the body. I had to place wooden planks under the tank
(backrest side). Then we used the method Russell suggest (with lots of
grease). I used the original type wire clamps, which had a very tight fit.
Don't forget to fit a fibre wacher under the chrome escutcheon!!
TIP: Use grease between wahser and painted body work in order to prevent
the paint from cracking.

Succes with the reassembling of your car!

Alex van Zanten,
'58 TR3a
The Netherlands.