TR6 Rear Hub Puller Design Info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: TR6 Rear Hub Puller Design Info
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:14:48 -0500
Folks

A couple of weeks ago I posted a request for any info on the design of a
rear hub-puller that might be made by a competent machinist, given the fact
that the real item is as plentiful as hens teeth/lotery winners.  A number
of folks replied, and others gave me information on the look and nature of
the replacements for the elusive Churchill tool.  From all the replies, and
from some careful measurements of my '72 TR6 rear hub, I have constructed
an Autocad drawing of what I think will do the job.

I would be really grateful if those experienced in rear hub removal would
look over the design I have developed to check it out.  I know that the
list will not accept attachments, so I will need a reply from those
willing/interested in looking at the design to check/improve my ideas.
Once replies are received, I will post the entire design to the FAQs (I
hope that team.net accepts files ...?) and send a note to the list to let
all those with unsulied knuckles know that they can really have fun with
this one.

The design, once checked out, will be public/list property ... (that's
where it came from). I have no interest in making the things, apart from
the one that will be made at my local skills center by the machine trades
students, and I have no financial interest since it's free.  Reminder to
all in the US:  you are able to visit your local/county skills center and
ask that they consider your hub-puller (or supercharger design ...!) as a
student project, and if it fits into the curriculum experience at that
time, you will get the item for the cost of the materials.

The drawing is currently in DXF and BMP (displays in your browser) format.
If that ain't you're blend, let me know, and I'll try to translate to your
prefered file format, but that will depend on time available ... Don't know
why one bit is green and all the rest is black ...

Those wanting a copy of the design, but unfamilar with hub removal, please
be patient; once the design has been validated, I will post a note on the
final version to the list and the entire file to the FAQ file, and then you
can have all the fun of the guy in the workshop manual who is removing a
hub without a bead of sweat, not even straining ....

Tony Gordon
72 TR6 CC79849U (soon to be CR, and without a sloppy LH hub)