Re: TR3A fuel tank filler

To: Jim Higgins <seamus@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A fuel tank filler
From: Russell Seto <ruset@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:23:06 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim,
Not knowing what all is apart or assembled there, the way I did it when
I was reassembling my 3, was to (assuming the gas tank is in place and
held in place with its straps, and the filler neck is more or less in
line with the hole in your body.  Also, the back seat has to be out of
the car so you can get to the front of the gas tank) put the rubber
connection hose on the tank neck along with loose hose clamps.  Then,
put the big nut that secures the filler cap to the body on top of the
hose and guide the filler cap neck through the body hole into the rubber
hose.  Run the nut up onto the threads of the filler cap and tighten
everything up!  You might preassemble the filler cap to the body loosely
without the hose to measure how long the hose has to be to slip over
both necks.  Mine had to be shortened somewhat.  A large pair of water
pump pliers will be helpful in tightening the securing nut of the cap.

Hope this helps.......

Russ
TS43694LO