TR-6 suspension bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 suspension bushings
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgenet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:22:55 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP9175832531ssutton@mail.ridgenet.net>
Posted-date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:15:18 -0800 (PST)
I am looking at replacing suspension bushings on my '74 TR-6 with something
other than the stock units, possibly with the 'Prothane' polyurethane bushings
that Moss offers; however they do not offer the lower control arm bushings in
Prothane, just in their regular poly.  These 'regular' bushings do not appear
to have metal inserts, and if I am not mistaken, these type have a tendency to
squeak very badly.

Anyone have any comments on the available bushings from Moss or other
suppliers?  Moss seemed a little pricey, does anyone else offer them, such as
British Parts Northwest or...?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Sutton
'74 TR-6 daily driver