Re: speaking of 6cyl Spitfires

To: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Subject: Re: speaking of 6cyl Spitfires
From: Aribert_Neumann%MIMCO@magna.on.ca
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:24:02 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I achieved the same results but in reverse.  I put a Spit body onto my
GT-6. This yeilded an entire driveline that was GT-6 including the front
brakes.   Requires the removal of a little metal from the Spit firewall to
clear the GT-6 starter.  In my case I have a Mk3 (and used a '78 Spit body)
and had to fabricate a brkt for the shock mounting in the wheel well
(rotoflex suspension) along with removing the emergency brake guide near
the diff from the GT-6 body and rewelding to the Spit body.

When the 2.0 L engine needed a bottom end rebuild, I swapped in a 2.5 L.