Re: Y2K? (non-LBC, but list related)

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Y2K? (non-LBC, but list related)
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:21:50 +0100
Friends,
this is probably only a mere breeze compared to what might happen
in our dear lists in a years time... Our cars will be just all
right, but our ancient [private and home] PCs will not in many
cases [mine is one - it will screw up]. And since people seems to
ignore setting their computer time to the correct time zone [in
relation to GMT] now, what will then happen next year?
This wrong zoning is the reason we often get answers/comments
to a posting listed/time stamped BEFORE the original question
was made... It's highly irritating I think, but obviously some-
thing we have to put up with now when everyone [computer literate
or not] has got a PC and Internet access.
I know where I live, and have put the relevant information into
my PC [so it also knows where it is] and also put the plain text
co-ordinates in my sig-file so the humans reading it can find out
also... Lets just hope I'm wrong about time stamp mayhem next year...
Best regards
/Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,