Re: Name Dropper

To: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Name Dropper
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:40:17 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,

The reason I bring up "The Pink Lady", is because in thumbing through a
few issues of Corvette Quarterly, there was an article on her.  What
caught my eye is a somewhat older picture of her sitting behind the
wheel of a (probably pink, it was a B/W photo) TR3 number 23.

The article is of course slanted toward Corvettes and makes no mention
of her racing any Triumphs, but does say that she has raced on courses
from Sebring to Brands Hatch.  She was the first woman to win an SCCA
national championship in 1963 driving an (boo-Hiss) Austin Healey
Sprite.

For the benefit of Mark Price, no, she is not single.  However, the more
recent picture of her shows that she is still a rather attractive woman.

Regards,
Joe Curry

P.S. Her Sprite apparently was previously owned by Dr. Jonas Salk (Polio
Vaccine).

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer