TR3a exhaust hanger/clamp

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a exhaust hanger/clamp
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:20:12 -0500

--openmail-part-13da702d-00000001

Well already my haste in disassembling my car is catching up with me. I didn't
keep track of something and I hope someone can help me out on this: (please
refer to VB catalog page 114)

Just ahead of the cruciform the exhaust is suspended - how? I've looked in the
catalogs from the big 3 and they all show something a bit different. I
definitely have in my possession the remains of what looks just like VB part
number 6-3656, which adjusts the position of the pipe so it doesn't rattle
against the hole in the cruciform, I guess.

So I have two questions:

1. Do I ALSO need part 6-3657 (along with 12-3074), or was this used INSTEAD,
perhaps in different years?

2. The TRF glovebox companion shows part number GEC41; is this interchangeable
with the VB part number 6-3656?

The Moss catalog doesn't have anything resembling my part at all.

Thanks for your help,
Jim Wallace
60 TR3a TS81417

--openmail-part-13da702d-00000001--