Re: TR6 Oil Filter Color

To: gknight <gknight2@gte.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Oil Filter Color
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:59:59 -0800
Cc: Truimph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
gknight wrote:

> wasnt this mentioned a little while back and someone said something
> about a  Ford Thunderbird  turquoise color?     or was that something
> else and i'm just mixed up

The following is probably what you're remembering. It refers to a TR3
though...are they the same?

Subject: Re: Oil Filter Canister Color - TR3B
  Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:47:49 EST
  From: ArthurK101@aol.com
    To: JoEllisTR3@aol.com
    CC: triumphs@autox.team.net

I'm getting down to the nitty gritty of my restoration project. Does
anyone know the paint number and/or a source for the correct color of
the oil filter canister for an early TR3B (Commission# TCF36L) with the
2138cc engine (engine# TCF54E)? I believe mine is the original canister
and it is a light mint green. Any help is most welcome. My alternative
is to paint it black to match the engine block, but I'd rather have it
authentic.

Art Kelly wrote:
Joanna, If it is the same color as a TR4 - then it is available from
Ford (yes it is the same as a paint color used on Ford tractors - kind
of a light greenish/blue).  Can't remember the name of the color but a
Ford dealer should have access to it if you bring the canister in.  Hope
that helps.  If not - sorry.  I'm sure some TR3 afficianado will let us
know if it the same as the TR4 canister color.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup/daily driver)
--

Hope this helps.

Michael Ferguson
Vernon CT