Re: TR250-- triumphs posting

To: "Terry & Cindy O'Beirne" <esp@hypermax.net.au>, TR250 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250-- triumphs posting
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:44:34 -0800
Hi Terry and Cindy,

I went to the jaguar ball joints at the suggestion of JK Jackson. You
may know JK, he competes a TR6 in SCCA racing and is based in
Tallahassee Florida. The jaguar parts are expected to last a full 100,000
miles. They are Lemforder Kugelgelenke parts (part no. CAC9938).
With the nylatron bushings I used on the inner upper control arms, the
width of the ball joint was perfect and they bolted right in. If you are
using the stock rubber bushings you may need to shim the ball joint so that
the joint plus shims matches the distance between the control arms.
The taper is exactly  like the originals so they fit perfectly into the upright.
All other dimensions math the originals.

The brake rotors themselves are a mystery. I don't know what they
were originally fit to. The diameter of the rotor matches the original but
the thickness is now 1 inch. The calipers are stock TR5/250/6 units with
a steel spacer fit between the two halves. The spacer is about 3/4ths of
an inch thick. No modifications were required to install this setup. Everything
bolted right on, and I purchased the rotor/caliper set as a unit.