Re: Aluminum Brake Lines

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Brake Lines
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:49:24 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
See page 88 of the Victoria British catalog (the one with the Blue TR6
on the cover).

The ad states "Steel Brake lines withstand 3 times the stress of the
aluminum brake lines that they replace".

Catalog is for TR6 only.  Does that mean that my brake lines are
aluminum?  If so, where do I need to worry about rust?  Also, why do I
read about special high temperature brake fluids for the TR6?

My plan is to have the brake fluid changed this spring as a fresh-start
maintenance item since the car is new to me.  Should I consider silicone
or anything else special?

Jack Radley
76TR6