TR6 clutch shaft arm

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 clutch shaft arm
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:57:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I was curious about the three holes in the clutch shaft arm that protrudes
from the transmission.  The book (BL Repair Operation Manual) states that
the clutch slave cylinder push rod should be attached to the middle hole.
My TR6's pushrod was attached to the lower hole (I don't know why).  Why
three holes? Is the middle hole the correct position?  Just based on my
understanding of the principles of a lever, the bottom hole would require
less effort to engage and the top position would require the most effort to
engage. What are the drawbacks of using the lowest hole?  Thanks, Greg
76 TR6
68 MGB/GT