Re: Hood Release on TR6

To: <Chip19474@aol.com>, <JackR@shriverco.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hood Release on TR6
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 10:08:23 -0600
> From: Chip19474@aol.com

> Can you share with us the manuf or where you bought the cable?
>
> I've got a new cable I bought years ago for my tractor...nice handle with
> threaded mounting...never used it!  I'm sure I could fashion it into
place but
> if there's a product that matches better - why not use it!!??

Moss Motors (no financial interest blah blah) sells a kit for very little
$$$ for this. I did this using a manual choke conversion kit that I bought
at a NAPA store. Both of these are for emergency release of the hood in the
event the main cable breaks, cost very little money, and take a short time
to install. Definitely a worthwhile investment.

Irv Korey
Highland Park, IL
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4 CT52499 (almost ready vintage racer)