Hood Release on TR6

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood Release on TR6
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:22:03 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
After reading about the hazards of a broken hood release cable, I
decided to put a second cable on my TR6.

I purchased a new cable assembly and found a ~ 1 inch hole punched in
the engine compartment beneath the carb's.  With two large flat washers
I attached the new cable release in this hole.  This location leaves the
handle is accessible from underneath the car.  I cut the cable down to
about 18-24 inches and fed it through the cable clamp with the original
cable.  I fixed the new cable to the original cable with a series of
nylon wire ties.

This arrangement made for a clean installation and both cables work
without a hitch.  The only downside I can see is the exposure of the
replacement cable handle assembly to road grime, etc.  That should not
be a big issue since the car won't be out in much weather.

FWIW I thought I'd share the idea with the list.

Jack Radley
76TR6