Re: cam-followers, 4cyl TR

To: Peter Juergens <peter.Juergens@gis.dew.de>
Subject: Re: cam-followers, 4cyl TR
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:49:04 -0800
Cc: trliste <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Peter, maybe the problem isn't the cam follower composition. I think I
recall the old TR Competition Prep manual specified installing "weaker"
valve springs when putting in a higher lift cam, to reduce the pressure
on the cam followers. Has that been done on your motor? I'll be
interested to hear from you and other listers, as my car is going to see
some work in this area soon...

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17502L