Re: PI

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net
Subject: Re: PI
From: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:27:29 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, andrew@britclassiccar.co.uk
Jack,

The key to matching heads and throttle bodies for PI is to get the right
throttle bodies and linkage for your car. The person I'm dealing with
seemed to very clued up on the head/t-body match and has assured me that I
will get the correct bits for the later head.

I think the 71 cars had the earlier head with the narrow port spacing, but
don't take my word for it (I've never seen the port spacing on either
head!), to work out which head you have, try the TRF catalog.  It's seems
to a really good resource for matching bits against build numbers.  And
since cars with the earlier head had PI, it will just be a case of making
sure your get the correct plumbing.

On the cam front - the earlier US cam was better than the late one (73 on),
but
neither are as peppy as the PI cam which had much wider timing.  However,
if I fit the PI cam, the car would not be US-stock and would move up an
autocross class.

Cheers,

Tony

>>Which head is required for the PI to fit up properly?
>>
>>I have a 71 car. Since I've just started to investigate PI, I'm not sure
>>which head is required for the Lucas injection, and I have been trying
>>to find a way to determine whether my head is the early or late type
>>without removing the manifolds and measuring port spacing.
>>
>>Since my car is a 71, it should have the proper camshaft.
>>

>>uncle jack
>>61 TR4 Rallye Replica Racer
>>71 TR6 Street Car named Desire

  Anthony Gordon                        Technology Education Consultant
  Saginaw Public Schools                tel:    1-517-797-4855
  ISDC, 1505 Ottawa Blvd                fax:    1-517-797-4880
  Saginaw, MI 48602, USA                email:  tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us