Fwd: cam-followers, 4cyl TR

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: cam-followers, 4cyl TR
From: Damian Carvolth <d.carvolth@cat.csiro.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:21:53 +1000
>Hello listers,
>
>well, I can't imagine to be the only one having that much
>trouble with the cam and the followers!
>
>I used (in nearly every combination):

>the result is always: a more or less worn cam
>and followers with heavy pitting on the bottom....
>

>In the moment, I've got two 272 cams: one with a unknown german
>profile and one Kastner-Cam.
>Both have a fresh grind and are plasm-hardened.
>
>Now you experts... tell me,
>
>what cam-followers shall I use???

Have you got non stock springs ? You should have about 80 - 90 lbs of
spring pressure as an absolute maximum or else the oil film will break down
and they will wear.

If it's not springs then it's either oil or the surface finish.
Damian Carvolth
"I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life", L.J. Young
damian@dem.csiro.au

http://www.brb.dem.csiro.au/unrestricted/people/CarvolthDamian/

http://dove.mtx.net.au/~bryanb/members.htm#Damian Carvolth