Tops Tires & Superchargers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tops Tires & Superchargers
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 15:34:29 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,
        My 71 TR6 has a Robbins top which is in pretty nice shape except for the
corner windows.  The previous owner didn't fold the top down properly and
the windows started tearing.  At a ralley last year, a guy told me that some
shops can replace/repair the corner windows.  Has anyone had any experience
with this?
Also, the car came with Rikken 185 60 15 radials.  The tires are pretty cool
looking with the wide stance, but the sidewall height is killing me!!  The
clearance under the car is too low, and my speedometer is about 20% off.
The spare is the original Michelin red line, and is almost 2.7" taller than
the Rikkens.  I understand that the red lines (assuming you can find them),
aren't worth the money but I would like to approximate the look and size
with a modern tire.
About a year ago, there was a site on the internet that was showing a
mid-70's TR6 with a supercharger conversion that their shop performed.  They
even had a .wav file that played the sound of the car when they stood on it,
(very impressive).  For the life of me, I haven't been able to find it
again.  If you have seen the site, or it still even exists, could you please
forward the address.

Thanks,
Kelly Alford
alfords@seanet.com