Re: scenic trips

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: scenic trips
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:46:32 -0500
fred thomas writes:

>I am a little suprised that with all of the best trips to take no one
>has mentioned Rt # 66, I mentioned this quite some time ago and received
>some good response, how about during the May drive your british car
>week. To make this trip a real big success we would need
>"club"particapation through each state 66 goes through, that club
>mapping out its portion of 66, and being the tour guide through that
>state. I have a very large box of all the 66 details, and there are many
>sites on the net, but, this would be a great LBC trip, any input and/or
>comments appreciated, especially the clubs along the way, please contact
>me with your thoughts.  WOW what a trip this could be !!!

Fred,

Would this be a "simultaneous" drive where on a given day (say Sunday)
a representative (or representatives) from a club in a state would
drive across that state (or portion thereof) and thusly the entire
length would be traversed mostly vicariously?

Or would this be a tag team drive where one guy drives across his
state and "tags" the next guy who would drive across the next state?

Or would this could involve a volunteer to drive the whole route with
the accompanyment of locals who have researched the route?

Either way this sounds like FUN.  I have driven a goodly portion of the
route in Missouri (and Illinois) (and Arizona) (and California) and this
is a neat drive - if you are not in a hurry.  Count me in.

Dave