Re: Colortune: A waste on a TR6.

To: "Pete & Aprille Chadwell" <dynamic@transport.com>
Subject: Re: Colortune: A waste on a TR6.
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 13:15:25 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>

> You all can expand on this, or correct me if I'm wrong or
misunderstanding
> something.

At one of our club's tune up clinics, I was told that the adjustment
through the top on the later carbs was for fine tuning the mixture, and
that the coarse mixture adjustment on these carbs was the float level. We
adjusted my carbs at this tune up clinic, used the Colortune to check the
mixture (actually, we used 2 at the same time so we could watch both
carbs), until we acheived the correct color. I then took my 74 TR6 with
raised compression, high performance cam, etc. and passed the Illinois
emissions test for the first time in 6 years. I took the test again last
year (2 years later), and passed again, with no further adjustments of the
carbs. Plus, the car runs great. Based on that experience, the Colortune is
worth the $$$.

Irv Korey
Highland Park, IL
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4 CT52499 (almost ready vintage racer)