Re: Holy Floorpans

To: Eric Lukhart <lukehart@mis.net>
Subject: Re: Holy Floorpans
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 17:56:10 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Eric Lukhart wrote:

> Ok, I agree, bull on the Alluminum.  I'm going to purchase some steel sheet
> metal.  What thickness should I use.  Remember the hole is on a corner and
> the metal will have to be bent several times.

20 gauge is the size most commonly found on Triumphs.  It can get quite
hard to bend.  For ease of installation, use 22 or 24 ga sheet steel.
This will be fine if you are patching, and leaving behind some of the
original metal.

For full replacements I recommend 20ga steel, and lots of patience.

Are you going to weld in the patch, fasten mechanically (rivets/bolts) or
goop it in with epoxy/polyester/etc?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm