RE: Holy Floorpans

To: "'Eric Lukhart'" <lukehart@mis.net>
Subject: RE: Holy Floorpans
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:25:18 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Eric,

Well, POR15 sells a floorboard restoration kit which I bought. It has the
regular black POR15 along with some silver POR15 (which has a high metal
content) and some fiberglass fabric stuff that you lay over the holes, paint
over with silver, then paint with black (if I recall). Actually, I ended up
not using the kit. When I decided to pull the body off and do a full blown
frame off, I found that the floorboards had more or less broken away from
their body support points and should be replaced rather than repaired :(

I think I still have the silver POR15 and the fiberglass fabric around
somewhere. If you can not find another alternative I could probably track it
down in one of the boxes in the garage --- it's definitely on my un-needed
parts list. Buying the whole kit is a bit of a rip-off, especially if you
already have the black POR15 to use.

Good Luck,

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire