Vacuum on a 74.5 TR6

To: triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Vacuum on a 74.5 TR6
From: vitesse@juno.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 21:43:02 -0500
Here I go again, asking the list help for a friend.

The buddy has a really nice 74.5 TR6 ( yes the same  one that towed from
the other coast )

The car runs well but has a miss...or a dead spot all across the power
range.   What we have found so far is that there is no vacuum advance
getting to the distributor.  There is vacuum getting to the valve thing
that is in the upper radiator hose, but it doesn't go beyond that.
Shouldn't it?

The thermostat may not be working properly as the gauge usually does not
register any heat building up.   Could that be the problem?  Timing
appears to be at about 4 after at idle.  It has a Crane electronic
ignition so points are not an issue.  Cylinder pressure is between 120
and 130.

I know this is so far pretty sketchy, but we are trying this really SOP
as I have never really messed with any TRs that had so much emissions
stuff on it.

TIA.....and if you feel so inclined, respond off the list as to keep down
the 'wasted' bandwidth....

Hugh R. McAleer
Jonesboro, GA