multi seat GT-6

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: multi seat GT-6
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:43:28 EST
On Fri, 08 Jan 1999 14:26:42 -0800
Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Wrote Subject: Re: multi seat GT-6

kevin huff wrote:

> Haven't seen any posts on whether or not any member on the list has the
> optional rear seat in his or her GT. I've seen them in books but have never
> encountered any.
>
> Kevin Huff

Kevin, There is a yellow one in Oregon that has one. You really can't
call it a seat.  Ask Leon Guyot about that car.  It will soon be in his
hands across the pond.

Joe

Hi Kevin & Joe:

Yes the Oregon car is an early 69 model year (21 Dec 68) GT6+
it was a Californian import originally, but did not come with the rear seat
conversion originally fitted. That was added during restoration between 1994
and 1997, it was purchased, (over the telephone), from T.D.Fitchett at
Fitchett (Redland) Industrial Estate, Station Hill, Oakengates, Telford,
Salop, TF2 9AA, England. Tel: 00-44-1952-619585, FAX: 00-44-1952-610510.

They may, or may not ? have some left ?
It was, apparently rather difficult, but not impossible, to fit, as some small
parts have to be made up, but don't ask me exactly what ?
There must be detailed fitting instructions somewhere ?
Perhaps in the Factory Workshop Manual ?

Anyhow,FWIW Fitchetts also supply genuine Standard and Triumph spares,
including Triumph panels produced from the original factory tooling. Parts
supplied and shipped worldwide.

I have no financial interest yada yada ya!

Leon F Guyot
TSSC International Liaison Secretary

Triumphs!
ps.Joe, please forward this directly on to Kevin Huff if you have his email
address.
Thanks