Re: multi seat GT-6

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: multi seat GT-6
From: "Peter French" <peter@pmfrench.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:18:22 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Kevin Huff wrote:-

>Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 17:29:03 +0000
>From: kevin huff <khuff@skyenet.net>
>Subject: multi seat GT-6

>Haven't seen any posts on wether or not any member on the list has the
>optional rear seat in his or her GT. I've seen them in books but have never
>encountered any.

>Kevin Huff

My GT6 (mk2, 1969) has the optional rear seat and I do find it useful.
Folded down it is just like a standard car but opened out the size is great
for one or two children up to the age of five or six. It is easy to fit a
lap or lap and diagonal belt which is essential. I am guessing the top age
limit, but my three year old granddaughter loves sitting in the back as she
can see out of the side window without a booster cushion. In fact the first
time I took her to a car show in it she did not want to get out! I don't
know what she thinks of my idea of a day out though, driving to a car park
in a grass field, looking at the cars, buying a few bits of broken car and
driving home!
Another advantage is that the seat back will stop anything on the back floor
from sliding forward and into the passenger area. A small teenager could sit
sideways in the back for a short journey but the seatbelt might not be much
use. I must admit that a taller driver than me (5ft 8") might use up all the
seat adjustment and hence rear seat leg room. Never the less, the GT6 fits
me perfectly, I must have been designed for it.

Peter French.
Bedfordshire, UK.