RE: Diecast Triumph TR6

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Diecast Triumph TR6
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:06:21 -0600
Greg Hutmacher wrote:

> Ertl (the diecast toy car manufacturer) has produced 1/18th scale RHD
> Petrol Injection TR6's . . .  If you want a  cool TR6 to show off on your
desk
> at work, these are highly detailed.  The doors and hood open, the hood
even
> has a bonnet prop rod just like the real thing . . .

These are indeed very nice models and, as previously mentioned, they're
currently on sale at Toys 'r' Us around the country for $15. I picked up
another one last night. Why folks are paying $30 and up on eBay is a mystery
to me.

If you've ever thought of painting your car a non-original color [yikes!] or
adding pin stripes or racing stripes [more yikes!] -  try it on the model
first.

Now, if I could only find a set of 1/18th scale Panasports . . .

Jim Hill
Madison WI