Diecast Triumph TR6

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Diecast Triumph TR6
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 15:06:03 -0500
Many of you probably have already seen or heard of these, but they're really
cool so I thought I'd mention it to the list.  Ertl (the diecast toy car
manufacturer) has produced 1/18th scale RHD Petrol Injection TR6's in three
different colors: red, BRG, and black. The black is actually billed as dark
blue but I'll eat my laptop if anyone can honestly say it looks blue.  It
looks black (which of course was never an original color). If you want a
cool TR6 to show off on your desk at work, these are highly detailed.  The
doors and hood open, the hood even has a bonnet prop rod just like the real
thing.  The under side is highly detailed also with all accurate suspension
and drive train and even the floor pans have the accurate pressing patterns.
I bought all three and they are proudly displayed on my shelf.  Anyway, The
BRG (green) version is the rarest and produced in very limited numbers.  The
other two are not too hard to find.  I saw one at my local Toys R Us for
$19.99.  The Roadster Factory had them too (even the BRG version).  And some
people are selling them on www.ebay.com <http://www.ebay.com>  (search on
the word "TR6" once you're in Ebay) for an average of $30.  And while I'm at
it, a small local store here that sells diecast cars ordered all three 1959
TR3 LeMans cars (XHP 938/939/940) for me in 1/43 scale. They are highly
detailed.  The manufacturer is called Eagles Race and they are distributed
through an outfit called Universal Hobbies.  I'm not sure how to contact
either of them.