Air pumps on TR6s

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Air pumps on TR6s
From: Bandre Frank Contractor AMC/SCP <Frank.Bandre@scott.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:55:16 -0600
To all

My 76 TR6 (CF57005U) does not have an air pump or manifold that has
provisions for the air injection tubes.  The catalog from TRF (plate BY),
shows that after engine number CF35000 the exhaust manifold should be
drilled and tapped for air injection.  The engine number for my TR6 is
CF47004UE.  Does this mean some DPO removed the original manifold (and air
pump and related parts) and replaced it, or did the factory make some
engines with the older style manifold without air injector taps? BTW, the
water pump pulley does have two grooves.

Frank

'76 TR6 CF57005U