rack & pinion checking

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rack & pinion checking
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 16:29:29 -0600
Listers,

This weekend I plan on pulling the rack & pinion unit from my TR4, along
with everything else!.  Since I haven't been able to drive the car before
hand I don't really know the condition of the RP.  Are there any simple tests
that I can perform before removing it?  Is there anything obvious that I
should look for before and after removing it from the car?  I will be replacing
the, aluminum mounting blocks, tie rod ends and the gaitors but the rest of
the unit I'm clueless on!

As usual TIA.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 12/3/98)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire 1500 FM3353U
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1959 TR3A TS41311L
1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108