Re: Tr6 - Thermoelectric Switch

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tr6 - Thermoelectric Switch
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 18:56:45 -0700
Martin Gonzales wrote:

> I know this is a dumb question, but would there be any danger of electrical
> shock from the meter connected to two leads that are in water?

Not if you're using a typical modern multimeter (e.g. the cheapo kind
from Radio Shack) that is powered by one or two 1.5v batteries.  The
water will conduct some electricity but not enough to confuse your
results since you're just testing for when an open circuit closes.

The real danger is when the lady of the house discovers you're using her
stove and candy thermometer to test auto parts.