Attn aussies and was: what???

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Attn aussies and was: what???
From: Damian Carvolth <d.carvolth@cat.csiro.au>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 08:44:51 +1000
>I remember seeing this recommendation in an Automotive trouble-shooting
>text. I thought the author was nuts too. I bought the book used and there
>were no burnt pages . . .
>
>Perhaps the idea is to cause a fire and cease all future Lucas problems.

Hmm. Flammable gas is a dodgy way to do it but it's common to use a puff
pack of petrol or compressed air to find vacuum leaks and manifold leaks.
It's not that dangerous if your sensible...

BTW I've just sub'd this list, I'm in australia and owned 2 TR3A's and a
herald years ago, before they were fashionable and ridiculously expensive.

I'm contemplating later in the year buying a TR4 or 4A to restore and would
appreciate opinions on what I'm likely to pay in aus for a fairly complete
restoration project ? It'd have to have a surrey top as I'm really not into
convertables anymore..and the 4's just so much more civilised than a 3A :)
must be getting older... I guess I'd consider a 1500 spitfire but it'd have
to be a fair bit cheaper and I don't believe they are ?

Any comments most appreciated....