Refinishing hydraulic cylinders

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Refinishing hydraulic cylinders
From: Tom Rollins <tom@ntcs-inc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:29:57 -0600 charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,

All this talk of finishing intakes and swing arms reminded me of a question
I have been pondering.  What is the prefered method of refinishing brake and
clutch cylinders?  The aluminum clutch master on my TR-6 was recently done
by polishing with a 3M red buffing wheel.  The clutch slave was cast iron
and seemed like a better canidate for painting, but the paint I usually use
for cast iron parts wouldn't hold up to Castrol LMA.  Is there a readily
available paint that will?  Something available in spray cans perhaps?
Thanks.

Tom Rollins
1969 GT-6+
1972 TR-6