Re: Refinishing hydraulic cylinders

To: "Tom Rollins" <tom@ntcs-inc.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Refinishing hydraulic cylinders
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:57:54 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Tom,

I have used a benchtop grinder with buffing wheels and red rouge buffing
sticks with great results on lots of "bright metal" that are part of items I
am cleaning up under the hood and on the engine.  I am not going crazy
looking for a high polish when one was not present on a new car but it gets
the 35+ years of staining and discoloration out of bright steel and aluminum
parts.  A coat of paste wax seems to keep the shine.... not sure how long
though.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA
sanborn@net1plus.com