RE: what???ike.com>

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: what???ike.com>
From: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:05:25 -0500
I've seen the use of propane as a trouble-shooting aid for leaks many
times.  The theory is that Propane is combustible while air is not.  If
there is an air vacuum leak, the propane will be sucked in instead and will
immediately cause the engine to run more smoothly / faster idle.

At 11:32 AM 1/5/99 -0800, Gauthier, Dave wrote:

>I remember seeing this recommendation in an Automotive trouble-shooting
>text. I thought the author was nuts too. I bought the book used and there
>were no burnt pages . . .
>
>Perhaps the idea is to cause a fire and cease all future Lucas problems.

Thanks,

Kirby

'80 Spit 1500 (Kelley Greene)
'72 Spit MKIV (Stanley Mark IV)
'73 Spit 1500 (Moms Mably) Parts Car [mostly rusty shell]